Knight Lore

Cualquier tema relacionado con la serie Amstrad PCW (Personal Computer Word processor) que no esté englobado en otra categoría.
Alki
Lechoncillo
Lechoncillo

Re: Knight Lore

Mensajepor Alki » Sab 07 Nov , 2020 11:53 pm

Excelente trabajo, vaya envidia que me das...

:notworthy:

P5ychoFox
Lechoncillo
Lechoncillo

Mensajepor P5ychoFox » Dom 06 Dic , 2020 11:45 am

Thanks for porting this game, great work! I've got it running fine on CP/M Box in both 8256 & 9512 mode but can't get it to load on my real 9512 via a Gotek. I have the same problem with Spirits, Pacmania and any 9512 compatible Opera Soft 8256 game (B side of disk). Has anyone got Knight Lore or any of the others to load on real 9512 hardware?

Habi
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Contactar:

Mensajepor Habi » Dom 06 Dic , 2020 12:54 pm

Thanks for porting this game, great work!
You're welcome. :)
Has anyone got Knight Lore or any of the others to load on real 9512 hardware?
Yes, I did it myself. It works on a real 9512 with a real CF2DD drive, as any Opera game.

The problem here is the Gotek drive: it doesn't unfold tracks as a CF2DD drive do with a CF2 disk (40 tracks become 80, so the loader has to make double steps).

The dsk image could be patched to not make double steps, or padded with extra tracks. But I prefer to make only images that will run on real unmodified machines.

A useful link: https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/issues/318.

Regards.